Welcome to MBX!
Who We Are
This Policy applies to our “Services” which include:
- our Hatch™ hardware, manufacturing, and shipment management software, and other modules, APIs, SaaS applications, and other web based software and services where we link to/post this Policy (collectively the “Software”); and
- our corporate website mbx.com, and other websites where we link to/post this Policy, including any subdomains or mobile versions (the “Sites(s)”).
Your use of our Services indicates your acknowledgment of the practices described in this Policy.
We provide the Software and process information relating to third parties that have entered into a services agreement with us (our “Customers”), and in relation to the Customer’s authorized users of the Software (“Authorized Users”).
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data We Collect
In order to provide our Services, we may collect and process information that relates to identified or identifiable individuals (“Personal Data”). We collect and process the following categories of Personal Data (note, specific Personal Data elements are examples and may change):
- Identity Data: Personal Data about you and your identity, such as your name, username, biographic/profile data, employer information, and other Personal Data you may provide on registration forms or as part of an account profile.
- Contact Data: Personal Data used to contact an individual, e.g. email address, physical address, or phone number.
- Device/Network Data: Personal Data relating to your device, browser, or application e.g. IP addresses, MAC addresses, application ID/AdID/IDFA, identifiers from cookies, session history and similar browsing metadata, and other data generated through applications and browsers, including via cookies and similar technologies.
User Content: Personal Data included in content provided by users of the Software in any free-form or unstructured format, such as in a “contact us” box, free text field, in a file or document, or messages to us.
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data from various sources based on the context in which the Personal Data will be processed:
- Data we collect from you: We collect Personal Data from you directly, for example, when you input information into an online form, or contact us directly.
- Data we receive from others: We receive Personal Data from third parties with whom we have a relationship in connection with a relevant transaction, for example, we may receive certain Personal Data when a Customer signs up for our Services and provides a list of Authorized Users.
- Data collected automatically: We may collect certain Personal Data automatically. For example, we collect Device/Network Data automatically using cookies and similar technologies when you use our Software, access our Sites, or when you open our marketing communications.
How we Process Personal Data
- Data: Customers and Authorized Users may register and create an account (for themselves or on behalf of other Authorized Users) in order to use our Software. If you choose to register, we will process Identity Data and Contact Data in connection with the creation, operation, and maintenance of that account. We may also collect certain User Content from you, for example, in response to a request for data, information, questionnaire responses, file uploads, or similar matters.
- Uses: We use Identity Data, Contact Data, and User Content as necessary to create, maintain, and provide you with important information about your account, and to otherwise provide the services and features Customers or Authorized Users request. Subject to Your Rights & Choices, and consistent with our business interests, we may process Identity Data and Contact Data in connection with Marketing Communications, Aggregate Analytics, Internal Processes and Service Improvement, and for the other lawful purposes described below.
- Data: We may process Identity Data, Device/Network Data and Contact Data in connection with email marketing communications (such as promotional emails), which you might receive if you register for an account, choose to receive marketing communications, or engage in a transaction allowing us to send you those marketing communications. We may also collect Device/Network Data when you open or interact with those marketing communications.
- Uses: Subject to Your Rights & Choices, we use Identity Data and Contact Data as necessary to customize, deliver, and otherwise process marketing communications, and in order to tailor certain communications to individuals’ preferences and requests. Additionally, we may process Device/Network Data from devices receiving those marketing communications as part of our business interests in understanding whether our emails are opened or other aspects of engagement with such marketing communications.
- Data: When you contact us though the Site, we process on behalf of the Customer certain Personal Data such as Identity Data, Device/Network Data, and any Personal Data contained within any User Content.
- Uses: We use Identity Data, Contact Data, and User Content as necessary to communicate with you about the subject matter of your request and related matters. Subject to Your Rights & Choices, we may also use Identity Data and Contact Data in connection with Marketing Communications, if relevant to your request (such as when you request more information about our Services), for Internal Processes and Service Improvement, and for other lawful purposes described below.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Data: We, and certain third parties, may process Identity Data, Contact Data, and Device/Network Data when you interact with cookies and similar technologies on our Services. We may receive this data (or Aggregate Analytics derived from it) from third parties to the extent allowed by the applicable partner. Please note that the privacy policies of third parties may also apply to these technologies and the Personal Data collected through them.
- Uses: Subject to Your Rights & Choices, we may use this information as follows:
- for “essential” or “functional” purposes, such as to enable certain features of the Services, or keeping you logged in during your session;
- for “analytics” and “personalization” purposes, consistent with our business interest in how the Services are used or perform, how users engage with and navigate through our Service, what sites users visit before visiting the Service, how often they visit the Service, and other similar information, as well as to greet users by name and modify the appearance of the Service to usage history, tailor the Service based on geographic location or Customer, and understand characteristics of users in various technical and geographic contexts; and
- for “retargeting” or similar advertising purposes on our Site, so that you can see advertisements from us on other websites. These technologies and the data they collect, may be used by advertisers to deliver ads that are more relevant to you based on content you have viewed, including content on our Sites. These tracking technologies may also help prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, and help us understand whether you have interacted with or viewed ads we’ve delivered to you. This data collection may take place both on our Sites, as well as and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network (e.g. including as part of advertisements delivered by that ad network on a third party website).
Note: Some of these technologies can be used to identify you across platforms, devices, sites, and services.
How we Process Data for Specific Purposes
Subject to Your Rights & Choices, we will collect and aggregate your Personal Data and information about your use of the Services in order to identify certain trends in how our Services are used and perform, the individuals who use our Services, and the products and services most relevant to users (“Aggregated Data”). Aggregated Data will not contain information from which you may be individually identified. We may use this information in order to create analytics that help us better identify patterns and trends among users of our Services, and provide analytics to our Customers regarding our Services and Authorized Users. Internal Processes and Service Improvement
Subject to Your Rights & Choices, we may use any Personal Data we process through our Services as necessary in connection with our business interests in improving the design of our Services, to create a personalized user experience (such as greeting you by name, or associating Authorized Users with Customers), and for ensuring the security and stability of the Software. For example, we may use Personal Data to understand what parts of our Services are most relevant to users, how users interact with various aspects of our Software, how our Services perform or fail to perform, etc., or we may analyze use of the Services to determine if there are specific activities that might indicate an information security risk to the Services or our Customers and Authorized Users.
If we process Personal Data in connection with our Services in a way not described in this Policy, this Policy will still apply generally (e.g. with respect to Your Rights & Choices) unless otherwise stated when you provide it.
Note that we may, without your consent, also process your Personal Data on certain public interest grounds. For example, we may process Personal Data as necessary to fulfill our legal obligations, to protect the vital interests of any individuals, or otherwise in the public interest. Please see the Data Sharing section for more information about how we disclose Personal Data in extraordinary circumstances.
Information we collect may be shared with a variety of parties, depending upon the purpose for and context in which that information was provided. We generally transfer data to the categories of recipients or in connection with specific business purposes, each described below.
We process data on behalf of Customers, and may share your Personal Data with Customers to the extent such information was provided to us for processing on the Customer’s behalf, or in the event the Customer has a legitimate business purpose for receiving the information. For example, Authorized Users’ account information (for example name and email) may be made available to the relevant Customer as necessary to document Customer use of the Software, or as appropriate to ensure the security of Customer accounts.
In connection with our general business operations, product/service improvements, to enable certain features, and in connection with our other lawful business interests, we may share Personal Data with service providers or subprocessors who provide certain services or process data on our behalf. For example, we may use cloud-based hosting providers to host our Services or disclose information as part of our own internal operations, such as security operations, internal research, etc.). When we disclose information for business purposes we may disclose Identity Data, Contact Data, Device/Network Data, and User Content.
Your Personal Data may be processed in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. For example, Personal Data may be part of the assets transferred, or may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process for a potential transaction.
In order to streamline certain business operations, share promotions and content we believe would be of interest to you, and develop products and services that better meet the interests and needs of our customers, we may share your Personal Data with any of our current or future affiliated entities, subsidiaries, and parent companies.
For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, we do not sell your Personal Data.
Your Rights & Choices
To the extent required under applicable law, and subject to our rights or obligation to limit or deny access or disclosure, you may have the following rights in Personal Data (users in the EU may wish to review the “Additional Information for EU Users” below, in addition to the rights and choices listed in this section):
- List of Data: You may receive a list of the specific Personal Data about you that we process.
- Rectification: You may correct any Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Erasure: You may request that we delete your Personal Data from our systems.
- Data Export: You may request that we send you a copy of your Personal Data in a common, portable format of our choice.
- Regulator Contact: You have the right to contact or file a complaint with regulators or supervisory authorities about our processing of Personal Data. Your appropriate local data protection or consumer protection authority varies based on your location and jurisdiction.
- California Rights: Residents of California (and others to the extent required by applicable law) may have the right to request a list of Personal Data we have disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. You may also request that we provide you a copy of your Personal Data, direct us to stop selling or disclosing Personal Data for certain purposes (if we have done so), and to receive information regarding: (1) the categories of Personal Data we have collected about you, or that we have sold, or disclosed for a commercial purpose; (2) the categories of sources from which your Personal Data was collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold your Personal Data; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed your Personal Data, or sold, or disclosed it for a business purpose; and (5) the specific elements of Personal Data we have collected about you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at the address below and submitting a request. We respond to only verifiable requests, and we may require that you provide additional Personal Data before you are eligible to exercise these rights, e.g. information necessary to verify your identity.
Note: We are able to fulfill rights requests regarding Personal Data that we control or process. We may not have access to or control over Personal Data controlled by third parties, including our Customers. Please contact the third party directly to exercise your rights in third party-controlled information.
You may have the following choices regarding the Personal Data we process, to the extent required under applicable law:
- Consent: If you consent to processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You may be required to close your account in order to withdraw consent where your consent is necessary to perform essential aspects of our Services.
- Direct Marketing: You have the choice to opt-out of or withdraw your consent to marketing communications. You may have a legal right not to receive such messages in certain circumstances, in which case, you will only receive direct marketing communications if you consent. You may exercise your choice via the links in our communications or by contacting us re: direct marketing.
- Other Processing: You may have the right under applicable law to object to our processing of your Personal Data for certain purposes, including without limitation, situations where we process in accordance with our business interests. You may do so by contacting us re: data rights requests. Note that we may not be required to cease processing based solely on your objection.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to safeguard the Personal Data you provide us. However, we sometimes share Personal Data with third parties as noted above, and though we may enter contracts to help ensure security, we do control third parties’ security processes. We do not warrant perfect security and we do not provide any guarantee that your Personal Data or any other information you provide us will remain secure.
We retain information for so long as it, in our discretion, remains relevant to its purpose, and in any event, for so long as is required by law. We will review retention periods periodically, and may sometimes pseudonymize or anonymize data held for longer periods, if appropriate.
Our Sites are neither directed at nor intended for use by minors under the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction. Further, we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from such individuals. If we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
We operate in and use service providers located in the United States. If you are located outside the U.S., your Personal Data may be transferred to the U.S. The U.S. does not provide the same legal protections guaranteed to Personal Data in the European Union. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred to the U.S. pursuant to the EU’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or other adequacy mechanisms, or pursuant to exemptions provided under EU law. Contact us for more information regarding the mechanisms we use to ensure adequate protection of data subject to EU Law.
Additional Information for EU Users
Motherboard Express Company, d/b/a MBX Systems is the data controller for Personal Data collected through the Service.
Legal bases for processing
The legal bases for our processing of your Personal Data are described in the table below. If you have questions about the legal basis of how we process your Personal Data, contact us at 1200 Technology Way, Libertyville, IL 60048
|Processing purpose||Legal Basis|
|Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Services to you or the Customer, or to take steps that you request prior to such engagement. This may include processing that is in connection with operations that are necessary to provide the Services themselves.|
|The following processing activities constitute our legitimate interests (also called our “business interests” in this Policy. We balance any potential impact on you when we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. You may object to this processing as permitted by law. For example, our legitimate interests include:|
|Direct marketing of our products and services to our Customers, Authorized Users, and other parties with whom we do business.|
Cookies & Similar Tracking Technologies
|Determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; providing cost-effective services; personalizing content for individual Users.|
Internal Processes & Service Improvement
Cookies & Similar Tracking Technologies
|To create, provide, support, maintain, and improve the functionality and performance of our Services, and operate our business.|
Internal Processes & Service Improvement
|To secure our Software and network, investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies; and to protect the safety of Personal Data, including to prevent exploitation or other harms to which users may be vulnerable.|
|Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for example, tax laws, fraud reporting, etc.|
|All Personal Data||Note, we may process and disclose Personal Data where it is in the vital interests of a data subject, to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, in the public interest, for research, or other appropriate legal ground which may apply under applicable law.|
Rights of EU Users
In addition to the applicable rights set forth above under Your Rights & Choices, users of our Service in the EU may have the following additional rights:
- Right to Object: Where we process data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can object to that processing to extent allowed by law. Note that we must only limit processing where our interests in processing do not override an individual’s interests, rights, and freedoms, or the processing is not for the establishment exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- Right to Restrict: You may have the right to restrict processing of your Personal Data where the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested, the processing is unlawful but you object to deleting the Personal Data, or we no longer require the Personal Data, but it is still required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim, or while we assess an objection to processing.
- Automated Processing: To the extent we process Personal Data using automated means (if any), or where otherwise required by law, you may opt-out of, or revoke your consent, to this processing or elect to have an individual review any of the results of processing.
Changes to Our Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. Please visit this page regularly so that you are aware of our latest updates. Your use of the Services following notice of any changes indicates acceptance of any changes.
Feel free to contact us with questions or concerns using the appropriate address below.